Electrical panel boards serve like the control centre for several electrical systems like, residential wiring. If the electrical panel is well-made, it is simple to access and added electrical systems can be additional to the panel with time. If the panel is ill designed, several problems can rise. The electrical contractor can be employed to design the panel however the cost can be great. Use few expert design methods to make an electrical panelboard, thereby reducing the cost of employing the contractor or designer.
- Decide the system’s requirements and individual constituents. In residential arrangements, the electrical requirements of a family alter with time. Room additions might be added to the arrangement for extra family members. Electrical panel board should be designed to house these variations. Prepare a record of the immediate requirements and long term goals. If added electrical components need to be added, the panel should be large enough to lodge those constituents. Record all the constituents that will be measured from the panel.
- Have a look at the necessary electrical codes for the project. Even panel’s casing need to be constructed from constituents accepted by the electrical codes. Electrical codes could be assimilated at the State’s Building Standards Commission’s website. Record all the suitable panel material and any statistics referring to the panel’s wiring like breaker loads.
- Make a sketch of the panel board. Initiate by drawing the panel’s face outline. Decide a logical order of locations for the panel’s constituents. Panel components, like, switches, must be grouped in clusters as per the use and easy to access. If the panel controls devices on any side of it, the switches for the devices ought to be clustered consequently. Design the panel so that any switches or controls are located in logical locations.
Electric panel board, also known by the name of breaker panel and distribution board is a constituent of an electricity supply system that divides an electrical power feed into its subsidiary circuits, though providing circuit breaker for each circuit or a protective fuse in a common enclosure. Usually, a main switch, and in recent boards, one or more residual current devices (RCD) or residual current breakers with over current protection (RCBO), are also integrated. Depending upon the application, Electric Panel Board is of varied types:
- Factory Assembled Panel Boards
Factory assembled panel boards are available in all common configurations. They are available directly through distributor stock to help cut down the lead times while providing a dependable solution for the light commercial projects.
Panel boards are ideal for lighting and appliance branch circuit protection. Products are designed for sequence phase connection that permits complete flexibility of circuit arrangement (1-, 2- or 3-poles) to allow balance of the electrical load on each phase. The types and kinds of lighting panel boards are Fusible Lighting Panel boards, Pow-R-Line 1a and 2a, Pow-R-Line 3a, Pow-R-Line BCM panel board, Pow-R-Line 1R and 2R and Pow-R-Line 3E.
Column Panels offer a proven design for warehouse, commercial and industrial applications. They measure a compact 8-5/8″ wide by 6″ deep and are easily mounted inside an I-beam for industrial applications. The main breaker lugs could be mounted for top or bottom feed. They are ideal for confined areas or renovation projects.
- Elevator Control Panel board
Control panel boards are designed to meet the stringent requirements commanded by the multiple building codes. These codes are designed to offer fire protection and safety within elevator shafts. The elevator control panel board takes the speculation out of code compliance with respect to the electrical communications and electrical components systems.
Know your electrical panelboard: You might wonder what is a panelboard device. It is an electrical service panel is that equipment which distributes electricity to different parts of your house. This is the device which is switched off whenever there is any natural disaster, large electrical event, thunderstorm, snowstorm, hail, etc. This is the device which is responsible for supplying current to the various electrical and electronic components in your house. So it is very important or rather crucial to know what it is, what it does and where it is located in your house. You must be familiar with the electrical panelboard as it is responsible for the key function of your house that is electricity supply. Knowing the location, purpose and operation of the equipment is crucial because in that case only you would know when to go for your electrical mains supply and what to do and how. The wrong circuit breaker could be hazardous so it is a must that you know the exact circuit breaker. Any wrong move can spell disaster and so, it is of utmost importance that you know the correct procedure.
Operating the panelboard: You must be prepared and armed with knowledge in case of any emergency which can otherwise, be lethal. Generally the electric panel is located in the basement or the back room or any other ‘separated’ or ‘distant’ area of your house. So you need to rust to the panel as soon as there is any natural disaster beginning to take place. On opening up the panel door, you would see the circuit breaker which needs to be put off to prevent damage or harm to the electric circuitry of your house. This equipment is also known as the breaker box because it contains all the circuit breakers of the house at single place and is a one-point place for addressing all electrical short circuiting problems.